- Facebook group 'CEDAR Students' at https://www.facebook.com/groups/544851262242367/ (open also to non-students) was created by CEDAR Student rep Timothy Duly, and updated by current CEDAR Student rep Lindsay Goodwin.
The Annual Summer CEDAR Workshop
- We are searching for different CEDAR workshop sites for 2016 and beyond so we can change location every two years! Here are the Workshop Requirements and Possible Locations.
The 2014 and 2015 CEDAR Workshops will be held 22-26 June 2014 (Sun-Thu) and ~21-26 June 2015 (Sun-Fri - depends on GEM before or after) at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. Congratulations to Professor John Sahr who made the proposal! We hope GEM will meet 28 June to 3 July, 2015 in the same locale, with Saturday 27 June 2015 as a joint CEDAR-GEM workshop day. The 2016 and 2017 possibly co-located (but not co-timed) CEDAR and GEM Workshop proposals will be due approximately in March-April 2014 for a new location to be picked by the two steering committees by the end of June 2014.are due due June 5, 2014 for a new location to be chosen in July 2014 by the joint GEM-CEDAR committee with input from their two science steering committees.
The CEDAR initiative was described in EOS by Gerry Romick et al. in January 1987, since Gerry was the first chair of the CEDAR Steering Committee. The CEDAR Database was described in EOS by Bob Sica in January 1988, who was head of the CEDAR Data Base Committee.
- Thirty-First 2016 Workshop - 19-24 June 2016 (Sunday June 19 CEDAR and GEM Student Workshop, joint regular meetings Monday June 20 to Friday June 24), joint with GEM in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
- Thirtieth 2015 Workshop - 21-25 June 2015 (Sunday June 21 CEDAR Student Workshop, regular meetings to ~6PM Thursday June 25, banquet Monday June 22) at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, USA, Thirtieth. (GEM in Snowmass, Colorado June 15-19, 2015)
- Twenty-Ninth 2014 Workshop - 22-26 June 2014 (Sunday June 22 CEDAR Student Workshop for students and non-students, regular meetings to ~6PM Thursday June 26) at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Twenty-Eighth 2013 Workshop - 22-28 June 2013 (Saturday June 22 start of GEM/CEDAR Workshop - Summary, Sunday June 23 CEDAR Student Workshop for students and non-students, regular CEDAR Monday June 24 to ~noon Friday June 28) at the Millenium Hotel in Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Twenty-Seventh 2012 Workshop - 24-29 June 2012 (Sunday June 24 CEDAR Student Workshop for students and non-students, regular meetings to ~noon Friday June 29) at Santa Fe Convention Center and Eldorado Hotel in New Mexico.
- Twenty-Sixth 2011 Workshop - Joint with GEM 26 June - 01 July 2011 (Sunday June 26 Joint GEM-CEDAR Student Workshop for students only, regular meetings to ~1 PM Friday July 1) at Santa Fe Convention Center and Eldorado Hotel in New Mexico.
- Twenty-Fifth 2010 Workshop - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 20-25 June 2010. (Sunday Student Workshop to ~1 PM Friday, links to .mp4 files of most plenary talks)
- Twenty-Fourth 2009 Workshop - 28 June - 2 July 2009, Santa Fe, NM. (Sunday Student Workshop to Thursday) Eldorado Hotel
- Twenty-Third 2008 Workshop Zermatt Resort, Midway, UT 16-21 June 2008. (16 Mon Student Workshop, 17-21 Tue-Sat, 22 Sun Joint CEDAR/GEM/SHINE Community Models)
- Twenty-Second 2007 Workshop - Eldorado Hotel, Santa Fe, NM 24-28 June, 2007. (24 Sun Student Workshop, 25-28 Mon-Thu, 29 Fri DASI)
- Twenty-First 2006 Workshop - 2006, June 19 - 23, Eldorado Hotel, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Twentieth 2005 Workshop - 2005, Joint with GEM, June 26 - July 1, Eldorado and La Fonda Hotels, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Nineteenth 2004 Workshop - 2004, June 27 - July 2, Eldorado Hotel, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Eighteenth 2003 Workshop - 2003, June 15-20, Raintree Plaza (Radisson) Hotel Conference Center, Longmont, Colorado.
- Seventeenth 2002 Workshop - 2002, with WACCM, 16-21 June, Raintree Plaza Conference Center, Longmont, Colorado.
- Sixteenth 2001 Workshop - 2001, with SCOSTEP, 16-21 June, Raintree Plaza Conference Center, Longmont, Colorado.
- Fifteenth 2000 Workshop - 2000, 25-30 June, NOAA and NIST, Boulder, Colorado.
- Fourteenth 1999 Workshop - 1999, 13-18 June, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- Thirteenth 1998 Workshop - 1998, 7-12 June, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- Twelfth 1997 Workshop - 1997, 8-13 June, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- Eleventh 1996 Workshop - 1996, 16-22 June, (Su-Sa), University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- Tenth 1995 Workshop - 1995, 25-30 June, NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Ninth 1994 Workshop - 1994, 20-25 June, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado.
- Eighth 1993 Workshop - 1993, 21-26 June, NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Seventh 1992 Workshop - 1992, 21-26 June, NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Sixth 1991 Workshop - 1991, 17-21 June, (Mo-Fr), NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Fifth 1990 Workshop - 1990, 12-16 June, (Tu-Sa), NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Fourth 1989 Workshop - 1989, 22-24, 26-27 June, (Th-Tu), NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado, with first CEDAR Prize lecture. (The 'Workshop on Mechanisms for Tropospheric Effects of Solar Variability and the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation' organized by Dr. Susan Avery of the University of Colorado was held Tuesday-Wednesday, June 20-21 at NCAR)
- Third 1988 Workshop - 1988, 06-10 June, (Mo-Fr), NIST and NCAR, Boulder, Colorado.
- Second 1987 Workshop - 1987, 29 June - 02 July, (Mo-Fr), Mesa Lab NCAR, Boulder, Colorado. (GISMOS, was held 27-28 June in Breckenridge, CO with Monday June 29 at CEDAR.) (A CEDAR Symposium was held at the XIX General Assembly of IAGA August 9-22, 1987 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, followed by a couple of workshops in Saskatoon, Canada August 23-26.)
- First 1986 Workshop - 1986, 28-30 July, (Mon-Wed), Mesa Lab NCAR, Boulder, Colorado. 31 July (Th) ISR DB Planning Session, and Th-Fr Sondrestrom Campaign Workshop.
- Previous Workshops
Ground-Based Optical Aeronomy was organized at the 1983 Spring AGU meeting in Baltimore, MD. The first workshop at USU was called "Groundbased Airglow and Optical Facilities Workshop". A tongue-in-cheek history of the early days was described by Jerry Romick (U AK), the first CEDAR chairman, at the 1993 CEDAR (8th) Workshop.
- Third 1985 GBOA Workshop - 1985, 25-28 June, (Tu-Fr), University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Second 1984 GBOA Workshop - 1984, 20-22 June, (We-Fr), Michigan League, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- First 1983 GBOA Workshop - 1983, 1-3 August, (Mo-We), Engineering Building, Utah State University, Logan, Utah
Pictures from 2007 onwards of CEDAR Workshops at VSP
Most of these pictures are from the summaries for each individual CEDAR Workshop above, but they are gathered in one place.
CEDAR Post Newsletters
- The CEDAR Science Steering Committee (CSSC) Present and past members
- CEDAR Prize Nomination Criteria and List of Prize Lectures
- CEDAR Distinguished Lecturer Nomination Criteria and List of Distinguished Lectures
- Tutorial, CEDAR Prize, Distinguished, and Science Highlight Lectures at CEDAR Workshops
- Poster Guidelines (4x4ft etc)
- Poster Competition Guidelines including judging ballots for first and second rounds of the competition. (Needs to be revised from 2007.)
- Student Poster Competition Winners at CEDAR Workshops
- Guidelines for Workshop Conveners at CEDAR Workshops
- 15-19 June 2015, GEM Workshop, Snowmass, CO, Sunday June 14 Student Workshop (students only)
- 15-20 June 2014, GEM Workshop, Portsmouth, VA, Sunday June 15 Student Workshop (students only) register at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/gem/ info at http://aten.igpp.ucla.edu/gemwiki (GEM wiki) - poster abstracts due 4 June, lodging due 14 May
- 23-27 June 2014, SHINE Workshop (Student day on Sunday June 22), Telluride, CO, http://www.shinecon.org
- 22-26 June, 2014, CEDAR Workshop, Seattle, WA, Sunday June 22 Student Workshop to Thursday June 26 ~6PM - poster abstracts and student registration due 16 May, 19 May students get airfares in for reimbursement at meeting, 25 May Deca and Silver Cloud lodging, 30 May non-students register