2011 Joint CEDAR-GEM Workshop
Theme: 'Exploring Connections in the Geospace System'
26 June to 01 July 2011
Santa Fe Convention Center, Santa Fe, NM
The 25th IUGG General Assembly in Melbourne, Australia (June 28 - July 7, 2011) at http://www.iugg2011.com/ overlaps our joint workshop, but we were assured that the majority of the IT and GEM sessions would be in the second week. That is unfortunately not the case for the CEDAR MLT community who will have to make a choice of what meeting to attend.
- CEDAR-GEM Liaison Summary of the 2011 Joint Workshop
- Summary of the 2011 Joint Workshop
- Pictures from the 2011 Joint Workshop
- Workshop Handouts (agenda, participant list, poster booklets, student biographies, etc)
Joint Science Steering Committee
- CEDAR-GEM Task Force:
Registration and Workshop Materials
Register Students 13 May and Regulars 3 June - poster abstracts due 13 May - Can also view participant lists and abstracts. GEM website at UCLA with link to GEM registration (opened 5 April).
- Final .pdf Agenda (lacks GEM Magnetosheath workshop 130P Tues D]]
- participant list
- CEDAR-GEM Joint Workshop Map
- pdf of Space Science Acronym guide for CEDAR (Bishop's Acronym Guide or the B.A.G.) updated June 2011 (copies for students on Sunday and some left over)
- Poster handouts are below under 'Poster Sessions'
- CEDAR Student Biographies and Shared Housing Lists are below under 'General Information'
- online June 2011 final CEDAR Strategic Plan
Agenda (All Workshops are listed: Joint, GEM and CEDAR)
- Final Agenda
- Final Agenda in .pdf format (lacks GEM Magnetosheath workshop 130P Tues D)
- Simple Agenda in .pdf format revised Jun 24 by Bob Clauer
Individual Workshops (2 different workshop forms)
- CEDAR-GEM Joint Workshop conveners please submit descriptions of your joint workshops on-line - due Monday 24 January 2011 (extended from 15 Jan)
- Conveners of CEDAR Workshops not joint with GEM please submit descriptions of your workshops on-line - due Friday 4 March 2011
- GEM Workshops not joint with CEDAR will be organized and proposed within the GEM community as normal based on the Focus Groups, where some of the Focus group workshops can be joint above.
Poster Sessions (abstracts due Friday 13 May, light snacks)
GEM poster session times were chosen on the basis of the day (Tuesday or Wednesday requested), while CEDAR posters were sorted into MLT (Mesosphere-Lower Thermosphere) and IT (Ionosphere-Thermosphere with some GEM overlap). There are ~95 GEM posters Tuesday and 64 (34 in competition) CEDAR MLT posters, while there are 107 (51 in competition) CEDAR IT-GEM posters on Wednesday and ~35 GEM posters. Posters go up during the morning breaks on Tuesday and Wednesday, and come down before the session starts at 8 AM on Wednesday and Thursday. There are 45 boards for 180 posters per night of size 4ft by 4ft (1.3m x 1.3m).
- Tuesday 28 June MLT/CEDAR Poster Session 4-7 PM (abstract booklet and poster layout)
- Tuesday 28 June GEM Poster Session 4-7 PM
- Registration Fees
- 2011 Workshop:Student_Information (Including shuttle information from Albuquerque International Sunport to Santa Fe)
- Accommodations (GEM and CEDAR students (by May 13 via registration form) and others proportionately in 3 hotels: Eldorado by May 26, Hilton by May 27, and La Fonda by June 4)
- Extra Curricular
Last Revised 03/05/2014 by Barbara Emery